Monday, July 27, 2015

Pens

Yo!

I was wondering how do pens work as how the ink goes out of the tip when it is pushed in an area. There must some sort of mechanism that allows ink to pass only when force is applied.

I am looking at a pen right now and it seems the tip is always wet with ink. So what I think is how the pen manages to always be wet with ink is that the tip has a ball in the tip, so as you write the part that touches the paper is revolved back into the ink tube to apply ink to it that is why ball pens have different tips some have fine tip  while some are ball points. And maybe that why sign pens have oil at the tip of the ink tube to make sure no ink gets left behind. As ink and oil have different densities.

Still everything I say here is not true or I haven't bothered to google it.


No comments:

Post a Comment